// you’re reading...

Manz's Photo Collections

Portrait of a Lady

We all have plans for the future and one of mine is to create a galley of portraits of all the cats I’ve loved and adored. With that in mind, I take any opportunity my cats present me with, waiting for the right moment to capture the perfect “portrait” – which, let’s face it, can take a while with cats that constantly roll and yawn!

This week Ella decided she’d pose for me – giving me the opportunity to snap a handful of shots, the following two included. My dilemma now is to pick one of these two to be framed – something that’s proving to be a hard task!

What are your thoughts? Can you decide which “Portrait of a Lady” you’d enlarge and frame as part of a gallery of kitty portraits?

Portrait of a Lady (cats) 2Portrait of a Lady (cats) 1
Click on the images to view them larger.

By Manz

Discussion

Comments are disallowed for this post.

1. Hi Ella
    You are a BEAUTY :)
    Lovely shots,
    you are a sweetie !!!
    hugs
    Kareltje =^.^=

Posted by Anya | July 18, 2009, 7:13 am
  2. Ella is lovely. Next to impossible to get our fur babies to pose – unless they are sleeping! 😀 😀

Posted by Snap | July 18, 2009, 7:49 am
  3. You're right – not easy to get this kind of shot. My are all head shots. :)
    It's hard to decide which one – two moods here.
    I like the second 'sweet look' one!
    Good shots!

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

Posted by Carletta | July 18, 2009, 8:23 am
  4. A lady indeed, she looks very regal. Thanks for sharing:)

Posted by Jane | July 18, 2009, 8:24 am
  5. Ella is such a cutie and I like both the poses..

My favourite would be that second one …she's holding her face at a slight angle, which is appealing..

Excellent job at getting her to sit still and pose for you ..great captures !!

Posted by Karen | July 18, 2009, 8:40 am
  6. I do like both for different reasons, but I'd go with the first for that really aloof look. Majestic pose.

Posted by Babooshka | July 18, 2009, 8:44 am
  7. Gorgeous cat! I would frame the first one too.

Posted by Esther Garvi | July 18, 2009, 9:09 am
  8. so unusual the shading and beauty sandy

Posted by i beati | July 18, 2009, 10:39 am
  9. Great shots of a beautiful cat! She posed so nicely for you. I, too, would have a hard time deciding between the two shots.

Posted by Brooke | July 18, 2009, 11:21 am
  10. Hi, Manz. I rather like the angle in the second shot. She's a beauty–I wish I could get my cat to pose that way for me!

Posted by Adrienne in Ohio | July 18, 2009, 12:08 pm
  11. what a beautiful cat with a black curly hairs. minie

Posted by Minie | July 18, 2009, 10:33 pm
  12. Hey Manz,
    I think I like the second one the best…she's so adorable!

Posted by Max Drake | July 19, 2009, 12:44 am
  13. Both shots are great. :) Such a regal pose.

Posted by Gretchen | July 19, 2009, 11:25 am
  14. Long time full of silence… Long days full of pain and tears! :'( Hi, Manz!… I've missed you, my sweet and dear sister! How is Australia? How are you??? :'( I have no words… I've lost them… I just hope that i didn't lost you! I hope you remember your friend Bell aka belldeblue… :'(:'(:'( Please, please send me an e-mail! You know… belldeblue at gmail. I hope that your life is better now and easier…! Oh! Every time when my thoughts are flying to Australia i remember about you!… I have a friend from New Zealand, now and she is great and extraordinary like you! So, i jumped to the sweet conclusion, that all the people from that area, Australia – New Zealand are the greatest in entire world! You see? My english is worser than before… Sorry! Please send me e-mail… Please!

Posted by Vanea Bell aka belldeblue | July 22, 2009, 1:14 pm
  15. This cat knows its own mind.

Posted by Bill Donovan | July 26, 2009, 9:51 pm
  16. she definently has model potential 😉 im leaning towards the 1st one more like shes looking into the distance

Posted by Tina | July 29, 2009, 4:16 am
  17. Hi,i like cat.My mom has 10 cats at home.

Posted by Julong | August 6, 2009, 8:56 pm

Langley Parks: Soundscapes, Themes & Noise – free individual track download…

GritFX T-Shirts: Movie, TV, Pop Culture, Humorous and Weird Tee Designs